Friday, March 06, 2015

Spiritual Teaching Assistants

So, I go to bed early last night, and spend some time writing and editing some materials for a book.  It's a beautiful full moon, of "Weighs the Truth" and I'm aware of how bright the room is... In my Type-A left brain, I could move forward with another project because I'd completed all the prep for the upcoming class.  Or so I thought. I fall asleep, and at 02:30 I am awakened to a message that the information I need for the Psychospiritual Development class is not complete; I am missing the "Metascience" information, a book list and some score sheets for the old Duke University parapsychology tests.  Hmmm.  Agreed. 

I thank the guides and teachers for the information, but I didn't need to hear about it in the wee hours.  One of the things I spend significant amounts of time teaching students is about the ethics of channeling and personal boundaries.  In the training I received, it is never alright to spontaneously walk up to a person and say "I'm a medium and I have a message for you - do you want to hear it?"  Usually this is done in a public place when the recipient of the message is caught off guard.  My teachers advised, rightfully, that this is an unethical breach of their boundaries.   What I wouldn't do to another, I don't want to have happen to me - I don't want messages imposed upon me when I'm sound asleep and have not opened to receive.  It is a reminder to put up protection.  I try to teach students to "start out as you wish to continue" in the channeling relationship.

Brian and I rectified the missing documents, as per the helpful messages.  I was pleased that all the copies of student notes were already made - I just updated them with a few additional sheets of information.  We've got the white board and easel, the room is set up and new white board markers purchased.  I've retrieved all the books and tools we need.  I'm pumped, and ready to go.  The ancestors know they need to be patient until tomorrow.  It's all good...

No comments: