Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Lights, Camera, Dogs Barking...

The old lodge was turned into a television studio today, as members of the United Church came to interview me... I had reviewed their "Song of Praise" and discussed areas of common agreement (and divergent perspectives) with host, Royal Orr... He was gracious and intelligent, and I enjoyed how we meshed. I can only hope the edited version doesn't make me look like a blithering idiot... Unfortunately for Brian, the dogs felt the need to walk in and out of the scene during the interview, and to tap on the doors - they seemed a bit antsy about the change in the environment. We got through without too much distraction... It is nice to have authentic dialogue with someone who is sincerely interested in learning another spiritual tradition. Royal made me feel comfortable and at ease to speak of things which perhaps were startling for him... No nerves, no sweat... Apparently the cameraman got pictures of the donkey and horses... Now I can legitimately say my ass was on TV. Okay, bad joke...

Angeni's school has had serious plumbing problems the last couple of days. She was nervous to go back today because she had two tests, but also she didn't like having to go across the highway to use the community centre's washroom. Apparently the kids couldn't even wash their hands before lunch. Yesterday's problem was fixed for the morning, but by noon the plumbing was down again - she may end up home tomorrow because of the snow and the lack of running water. I hope they fix it soon...

A total change of subject because I just got a glimpse of Max. She sleeps on her back, legs in the air, tucked against the bedroom wall. It is a sight to behold, especially when she is dreaming and her feet are going... very funny. She did not properly develop the top balls of either femur, nor the ball sockets in her pelvis, so I am sure this posture is her way of stretching the vertebrae and releasing stress from the pelvis. Spunky occasionally sleeps that way in the daytime, as much because of her extensive girth - it allows her to take a load off, so to speak. Starr has never adopted this pose for any reason... come to think of it, neither has Pooky.

Anyway back to other issues... In prepping for the filming today, we started tidying extensively last weekend... we were still decluttering and emptying stuff an hour before the film crew arrived - at least the house is alright for clients on Friday, and our Midewiwin gathering on Sunday. In the midst of all this I started knitting cuffs for my new winter coat, as the sleeves are wide and the wind just whips up my arms, making me unduly cold. My anaemia doesn't help in the warmth department...

I am in the mood to cook and bake... I'm hoping to do a lot of that tomorrow if Angeni is home from school. If the school is open, we'll be taking her skates and helmet in the car, and meeting her at 9:25 AM for a skating lesson... As busy as I am, I think it is important to be present to her skating endeavours. I doubt she'll ever be a Canadian champion, but she tries hard. We'll go from there into Hanover for some needed errands, and come home for lunch... then I have a doctor's appointment. After we get home I can bake - or nap - whatever works.

It's cold out there tonight - keep warm.

No comments: